3.19.2012

Blocks of Color

Urban Outfitters dress / H&M shorts/ ASOS sunnies / Make Up Forever lipstick / Jeffrey Campbell Lana's
I don't know what the universe is up to nowadays, but it seems like it decided to up and move a couple of my friends to different homes all within the same time period. And since they know that I have nothing else better to do with my time, they recruited me as a member of their moving crew/interior decorating squad. So on the off day that I wasn't lugging a full sized mattress up a flight of stairs or looking through the bushes for missing screws in the middle of the night, my friends and I decided to take a trip to Ikea to work on the aesthetics for their new home. I wore this, I guess you can call it a dress, to draw some inspiration for the motif they wanted to go for. Or at the very least inspire a theme they'd want to go for considering that at the time, they hadn't the slightest clue of what they wanted. I'm not really sure what to call this though. It has all the makings of a dress, but it reminds me of an over-sized poncho-kimono dress hybrid type thing with a bohemian vibe to it. Whatever it is, it was interesting enough for me to take the time to try it on which I'm glad I did since it's become one of my favorite dresses (I'm going to stick to calling it a dress). It has a very high slit on both sides of the dress, which is why I usually wear something underneath. Since this was one of those unusually hot days, I decided to wear a pair of denim shorts with it. I love how there are draw strings on both sides as well so that you can adjust the fitting of the dress to your liking. Actually, when both sides are loosened, the dress almost looks like a big, rectangular piece of fabric or a half of a curtain (I'll try to remember to take a picture of it in it's natural state). I get that comfy, homey, urban feel every time I wear this dress. I was hoping that it would exude some type of home decor inspiration. But sadly, it only inspired the purchase of black side table that I also got hoist up the stairs once we got back. At least I got some Swedish chocolate this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment