1.22.2012

Relax



Something Special hat / Quay Eyeware sunnies / Uniq poncho / UNIF dress / Jeffrey Campbell Busted platforms
Before joining in Chinese new year festivities, I spent some down time at one of my beloved coffee shops in Silver Lake. I love the design and texture of this dress, but it was too sheer to wear by itself without the risk of me catching pneumonia. So I had to make sure to not layer it with an overpowering piece. Actually, I had just thrown on the poncho to keep myself warm while thinking about what to wear over the dress, looked in the mirror, and was quite pleased with what had just happened. I grabbed my shoes and my hat, and headed towards my coffee fix. Now, my shoes are my most recent purchase, and this coffee run gave me an excuse to show them off. I was so excited to wear them out...until about the 100th step I took in them. Because the shoe is new and the upper part of it is leather, it decided to saw into me in an effort to sever my foot from the rest of my leg. I tried them out again while wearing socks, which seemed to stop the ankle cutting. You'll probably be seeing these shoes again paired with socks in the near future, until I work my way up to tights, and then eventually I'll be able to bare it all. I believe "Busted" is an appropriate name for this shoe after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment