2.28.2012

Products of insomnia

As I sat here yawning and wandering aimlessly through the internet, I found myself taking note of some outfits and pieces that I wanted to keep in mind for future reference. These are from New York and London's Fashion Week Street Style section in Harper's Bazaar. I couldn't muster up the energy to post up all the looks that caught my attention since now my eyes have gotten heavier and the yawns deeper--impeccable timing.

 I've been seeing a lot of polka dots lately, which made me come to the sad realization that I own about two pieces of polka dotted clothing (sigh). I need more polka dots in my life.

I really really really love this overalls look with the blazer. The whole "mixing casual pieces with formal pieces" is something I'm experimenting with at the moment, so it's no surprise that this outfit won me over.

Instead of buying a velvet maxi skirt, I'm really tempted to make a DIY one. I'm buying fabric every other week anyway, I might as well give it a try. It just seems like it would be a great piece that could help deter me from constantly relying on my tights to help me survive the cold winter air.

(All images via Harper's Bazaar)

I'm falling in love with these high waisted, wide leg pants. I almost bought a pair similar to the white ones from H&M but the size was too big, and I ended up looking like a child playing dress-up in their parents clothes. They make such a bold statement alone that it's almost effortless to put together an amazingly chic outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment